Thursday, May 28

Towering cedars, buffalo grass, and wild blue sage

A Camping we will go!
I requested to go camping for my birthday, so memorial day weekend we went to Roman Nose State Park, located North of the town Watonga, OK. There are two lakes here, Lake Boecher & Lake Watonga and they are both very small. On Lake Watonga there were a few boats out (I mean 2) and lots of canoes and this is the larger lake. Ha, ha!
We went canoeing, played putt putt golf, (where I got 2 hole in-ones and Jody still beat me!)
swam in some natural springs and creeks, and walked threw some trails. The weather was beautiful and we had a nice relaxing weekend.



A hidden waterfall in a cave at one of the natural springs where the water was freezing cold. This picture does not do it justice.


Jody & I Canoeing for the 1st time




Jody serenading "Happy Birthday" -LOL :)


Outdoor chef for the day- Burgers and Sauteed Onions!


Our Campsite was close to the beaver dam and also where some teepees were set up. They are pretty cool, you can actually Rent-a-Tepee for the night, I think thats realy neat.


Inside the Teepee looking out -Inside looking up


I was thankful for our fire, since it got down in the 50's Sat. night.


Leaving Roman Nose

No comments: