Friday night August 22, Jody took me to Huntington Beach. After parking we strolled down the pier to watch the sunset over the ocean. Jody found a quite little hidden spot with a bench where we could sit and see the tide and watch the surfers. It was so neat, I had never seen surfers ride the tide in the ocean. The sunset was so amazing that I asked Jody if we could take our picture. Let me just say it was breathtaking; don't know if I have ever seen such a beautiful sunset.

Jody leaves to get someone to take our photo and returns with 2 ladies who acted as if they had never used a camera before. They asked and re-asked, now how do I zoom and which button is it again....I just thought they were nuts! Little did I know Jody had asked if they would mind taking our picture and when they agreed he said oh yeah and by the way, I'm about to propose. The lady's were ecstatic and so excited for him.
The next thing I know, I am trying to wrap my arm around Jody for a picture and he takes my arm kisses me and is now facing me. At first I was very confused because he was telling me that he loved me and here I just want to get this picture thing over with because it’s feeling a bit awkward for him to be saying all this mush stuff when strangers are supposed to be taking our picture. The next thing I know he is down on one knee and then I about lost it...I didn't cry, but I sure did tear up a bit. I was shocked and very happy to say YES! He picked the perfect place and setting it was quite romantic. Thank you and I love you Jody Dale!!!

After watching the sunset and calling our mothers to tell them the exciting news, the excited silly ladies who took our pics returned. They told us that they just couldn't stand it and that we needed more pictures. They explained that they have children our age and how special it was for them to be a part of such a defining time in our lives. They were too cute; Jody couldn't have picked better people to capture such a wonderful moment.





3 comments:
I'm so happy for ya'll! Congrats!
that is just soooo sweat i love the pics
love you aunt carolyn
Congratulations! That's very exciting news!
Post a Comment