Monday, August 3

So, we got a new camera last month and I have not been able to blog b/c I couldn't find the cord to get all the photos off our camera to put on our blog, but today I finally found it in the most likely place in the camera box! Duh- So anyways were back.


Last month over 4th of July I went to visit my Mom for the day while Jody was working in Clinton and I feel like I went back into time and relived my grandparents and parents era. We visited The Route 66 Museum in Elk City. Which had 4 different buildings. We took lots of pictures too!

Old Town Museum Complex (which recreated pioneer life in early Elk City) This is the life-
The permanent wave machine
.
Watch as steam rises from her head, which is full of spacers, rods, etc, and after, it's full of curls.

Operator Switchboard

How about going here for a Dr. Apt???

An Old School House

Checks from 1917

National Transportation Museum (like the Route 66 Museum, but a little more hands-on)
This building had theater which plays a film that covers the entire history of Rout66.


Everything Popeye.

Mom walking over the bridge to the next Museum.
Farm and Ranch Museum (located in this large barn w/ no air conditioning!)
I like these licenses plates in the shape of OK!!!


The Blacksmith Museum
(which actually still operates).

All the Museums contained compelling exhibits and gave a good overview of the famous highway with antiques, cars, murals, and interesting information.

No comments: