Thursday, July 2

Snip Snip!!!

I have been wanting to cut my hair so bad although Jody really likes it long, its been hard to convince him. I got a great idea that I have always wanted to do and I talked to him and he thought it would be cool. Today I am donating my hair to locks of love!

Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

The children who receive these hairpieces have lost more than their hair; they suffer from a loss of self. Many children have been teased by classmates and/or embarrassed by the attention they receive because of their hair loss. They often will withdraw from normal childhood activities such as swimming, going to the mall or even playing with their friends. While wearing a hairpiece is certainly not a cure for these children, it can help restore some of the normalcy to their everyday lives that most of us take for granted.

If you are interested in donating your hair, please visit their web site for their guidelines for donations. http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

Before


After:

4 comments:

Steph R said...

It looks great!

livinbeyondthegrave said...

The cut looks cute. I donated my hair to lock of love once too!

~TobyDon~ said...

YAY! It looks awesome!! AND FINALLY, I am leaving you a post on your blog...lol! I know, it's about time. I am such a procrastinator! LOL! Still love me?

Anonymous said...

I love the new haircut!! it's super cute!

Love ya,
Melissa Hofferber :)