On May 8th mail carriers collected more than 630,000 pounds of food for the stamp out hunger food drive, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Since we knew they would need lots of help after receiving all these donations we decided to volunteer. Our small group worked in the sorting area where we divided each food items into different categories.
Food conveyor belt sorting...

Below is just 1/10 of the donations in each bin and box which are completely full.
We had a lot of fun! I was impressed with how large and nice this facility is. Glenda, Jane, Jill, Cheryl, and I.
One in eight people are at risk of going without food every day in our country according to the USDA. In Oklahoma, the risk for children is even more extreme as 1 in 5 children are "food insecure." ~ This inspires me to help out where I can to make a difference! If you are interested in donating or volunteering, please visit: http://www.regionalfoodbank.org/give





No comments:
Post a Comment