Wednesday, February 6

"give up something"

Today is Ash Wednesday and Yes I am doing Lent again this year. No, i am not Catholic, however I do lent. It started back in my college days, a good friend of mine encouraged me to do it with her and i have done it ever since. I find it good to challenge myself against something I am weak to. I encourage you to give up something that you don't want to give up...your biggest weakness.

SUGGESTED LENT ITEMS:

Food: Soft drinks, 2nd helpings, alcohol, coffee (try tea or some other low-caffeine drink if you get headaches), dairy (milk and cheese), junk foods (chips, snacks, salty food), candy, and dessert.

Media: TV, movies, computer, email (set an auto responder), Internet, magazines, radio, the phone (leave your cell phone off when appropriate), handhelds, video games, and other technology ....

What am i giving up? Candy and Dessert! I have a huge sweet tooth and for me to go 40+ days is pretty tough, but the hardest part is the first few weeks.
Lent begins today, February 6 and ends on March 22, which is the day before Easter.

1 comment:

DEEPLY LOVED said...

So, glad you're doing Lent. I have always done it too. This year I will give up desserts and cheese. So you can hold me accountable:)