
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't Complain." -Maya Angelou
I wonder how long i can go without complaining? What a great concept...I saw this man on Oprah yesterday- A preachor in Kansas City challenged his church by testing their limits. "The one thing we can agree on," said Rev. Will Bowen, "is there's too much complaining." And so he asked the crowd to give up complaining, criticizing, gossiping or using sarcasm for 21 days. Those who agreed in were issued purple bracelets as a reminder of their oath. If they caught themselves complaining, they were supposed to take off the bracelet, switch it to the opposite wrist and start counting the days from scratch. Rev. Bowen said it took him three and a half months to put together 21 complaint-free days. Now, about a half a million people around the world have requested free wristbands to rise to the challenge. I ordered mine today, so I will begin my challenge when it arrives and keep you updated on how I am doing with the challenge.
Order your FREE bracelet:
Read how it all started:





No comments:
Post a Comment